Thursday, March 6, 2008

vaccines and autism

So tonight I saw on the news that a little girl got autism from getting her vaccines. They said that she was more susceptible to getting it from immunizations than most, but there is no way to know if your child is more susceptible or not. The mother said she was a perfectly healthy child until she got her shots. Of course they had two doctors on there as well who both said that you still need to get your children immunized. They said they are doing more research. They also said the family would be compensated. I am just so scared to get Alice's done.Especially after hearing that they finally said publicly that the vaccines did indeed cause this girls autism. Well push the disease over the edge because she had some disorder that the previous vaccines caused. This was eight years ago and I know they have changed them since then but still. If and when I decide Alice's will have her vaccines I will for sure space them out. The mother also said shes not sure if her daughter getting five shots ( nine vaccines ) at one time had anything to do with it. Jenny McCarthy was talking tonight as well and said she wants there to be test done before the child is vaccinated to see if there susceptible to autism or not. Also that the doctors should spread them out more and there should be more information for the parent. ( she has a son with autism which she believes was caused from his vaccines ) Anyone else have any thoughts?

3 comments:

Marta

I saw that exact same show. I thought about it myself, and I came to the conclusion that yes, POSSIBLY my child could start showing symptoms after getting vaccinations done. BUT, there have not been studies done proving 100% that this is where it is contracted. Right now, they're just assuming, but there are soooo many factors that determine something like this. THe child is probably pre-disposed to the disease to begin with, and it triggers something in their body. ALthough it is scary, vaccines are not something I'm willing to give up on yet. I don't think I feel comfortable sending my child out in the world without them. Between school and church alone they are surrounded by a festering pool of germs and bacteria. By not giving their little bodies the proper defenses to their immune system, you're putting them in danger of some serious diseases. What would happen if everyone stopped giving vaccines to their children because of what could happen? Would we send our kids to school unvaccinated where someone else who's not vaccinated has polio, measles, or diphtheria then comes into conact with your child, and gets them sick? It's a dangerous road to travel, and I'm personally just not willing to take the risk. They DO NOT have enough facts about the causes of autism, and the effects of vaccines, to make me refrain from giving them to my child. I think there are safety precautions that can be taken, if we educate ourselves. Such as.. spreading them out, instead of doing it all at so close together. ANyway, this is getting really long, but it really is a serious issue, and you have to think about the possibilities of both sides.

Ali

Dont even worry about it I dont know anyones birthdays. And I dont expect people to know mine. I cant wait to come down and visit you guys I am counting down the days!

Cindy

I know your mom held off on your little brother because she was inspired to. It turned out he had some high fevers if I remember right. High fevers can cause seisures and other problems as well. Which maybe over the years some of the seisures kids have are from vaccines too. I believe that vaccines can cause autism in a child. The shots are "one size fits all" which if you think about it, it is not a good way to get a drug. Look how small Alice is compared to alot of other kids her age. I am sure there are factors that we don't know that is the reason the vaccines affect some kids and not others. But it seems like too big of a risk to take. Also, the shots are given too young and too close together or too many together seem to help create the problems. I think I would let them figure it out before I would get the shots for my kid if I was a mother of small children. The vaccines are mostly for deseases that are not a threat now but it is a difficult call to make for sure