Monday, December 13, 2010

Dad's accident/ girls trip

Dad and I
Dinner the first night at Olive Garden
Dinner at our hotels restaurant at Tahiti village


The first time I've met my nephew Braxton. Such a cutie!



Rachel and I on our pull out hide a bed!


Last week I received a phone call from my sister Rachel telling me dad had taken a spill off his horse and was being life flighted to Las Vegas. I immediately dropped to my knees and said a prayer. He had two brain contusions as well as bleeding and six broken ribs. Luckily after a couple nights in ICU he was healing up nicely and was moved to a regular hospital room. The bleeding on his brain stopped and he was given the ok to go home. He is still VERY sore and has a lot of healing to do, but he is tough. We are so grateful and feel blessed that he is ok. When I told Alice about the accident, she asked me if papa's horse was in trouble. This weekend was also our mother daughter trip to Las Vegas. We decided to go ahead and still have our trip. We even got to steal mom away on the first night for dinner. We had a lot of fun visiting and Christmas shopping. Can't wait till next year!




6 comments:

Rachel

I am so glad that you got some pictures. We all kind of slacked in that department. I had so much fun...glad you came. Love ya

The Bundy Family

It was a lot of fun. Even though your dad was in the hospital. It is always nice to see family. Can't wait until the next time we see you. Have a great Christmas.

Ali

Wow that looks like so much fun!! I love sister time, it is the best! I am also glad to hear that your Dad is doing better, that is very good news!

Cindy

Geez Molly, so sorry to hear about your dad's accident. I wish John would have let me know. How scary for your family. Wow, it does sound like he has a lot of healing to do for sure. Ouch! So funny that Alice wanted to know if the horse was in trouble. I am still laughing. Can she get any cuter or what! Glad you had a fun sister trip. Lucky you!

Mom of Mix Kids

I didn't know about this. Hope your dad is doing well. Love and miss you guys! Merry Christmas!

Mathews R us

hey lady, how scary is that. Good thing your dad is such a tough guy. I hope he continues healing well, and he's back on that horse soon. Love ya.