Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

First time bowling as a family

Alice keept asking me if she was winning...she is so competitive
Rachel and I with some of our black fridat bargans!


There was enough snow to build a snowman, so while
Rachel and I were cooking the dads and kids built this guy.

Kaden and Alice in their cute beanies





Rachel and Richards family came to stay with us for thanksgiving. They got here late Wednesday night. On Thanksgiving we woke up to it snowing outside which really made it feel like the holidays. Then we got busy making rolls, pie, and our family's traditions chicken noodle gravy and pomegranate salad. We all went over to John's dad's to eat our thanksgiving feast. Later that day we went to see the new Disney movie Tangled. It was so cute. Alice has already asked to go see it again (with Kaden of course). That night some stores opened for black Friday. Rachel and I were so excited to get some deals that we headed out at 9:30. We picked Melanie up at about 12:30 and didn't get home until 4:00 am. We had such a blast and scored some good deals. We did a lot of shopping, playing in the snow, and saying up late. The last night they were here we went bowling. Kaden and Alice looked so cute in their little bowling shoes and I must say, having the bumpers up sure improved my score! Their trip went by way to fast, but I am so thankful for the time we had. I have so much to be thankful for and am glad there is a holiday remind me how blessed I am.






3 comments:

katie

I am so glad you guys had fun! I can't wait to see you!! Really cute pictures by the way :):)

Cindy

Looks like a lot of fun with Rachel's visit. All the pictures are so cute. Impressive snowman...it is huge! The picture of Ella is so sweet. I just want to kiss her darling face. Alice & Kaden are such cut buddies. Fun, fun!

Rachel

We had sooo much fun!! I can't wait to see you again...not even two weeks!!! Love ya